Thursday, May 08, 2008

41 years of Lena

Lena turns 41 today. I want to say, that I have loved our 16 1/2 years of marriage together. That makes her birthday a real cause of celebration. Lena is my best friend. She can be both extremely funny and highly spiritual in the same moment. We don't mind long trips, because we're often looking for excuses to spend more time together. We laugh, we pray, we love and we work for the same cause--the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She's my partner and an excellent mother. That's why I'm celebrating the day she was born!

(This picture of us was taken outside of Ayacucho. We're standing on the site of the last battle fought for South American independence from Spain.)

2 comments:

Rob Amend said...

Happy Birthday Lena!

Ruth Chowdhury said...

Aw, I just read this post! Happy birthday, Lena! I hope it was great. Miss & love you guys!