Monday, January 14, 2008

Unexpected Encouragement

On New Year's Day we had the pleasure of stopping in at the XA SALT conference in Cincinnati. What a great joy it was to see our friends! It was really surprising to see the daughter of one of my XA friends from when I was a student. I remember when Lisa Potter was born. Her mom and dad, Steve and Cindy, were major influences in my discipleship.

I knew that Lisa was attending XA at Ohio State, but it was still surprising seeing her at SALT--but it was even more surprising running into her dad (Steve) at the airport in Miami, Florida! We had just gotten there and pushed our pile of luggage into a corner, where we could spend our 5 hour lay-over on the way to Lima. (That Lay-over ended up being 7 hours.) I looked up and there was Steve! He was flying out of the same gate as us, only on an earlier flight. Steve was on his way to help a ministry in Haiti. He has always been a great encouragement to me, so I took this encounter as a sign from the Lord to be encouraged.

I wrote about Steve and Cindy previously in this blog. You an read that entry at:
http://billandlena.blogspot.com/2006/09/discipleship-through-years.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you guys! So glad that you're in Peru now! Maybe we'll have to come visit you.

Denny said...

Glad all of you made it!
I came across this poem and it seemed like something you guys would appreciate.

Content: A Poem

I should be content
to look at a mountain
for what it is
and not as a comment
on my life.

(David Ignatow)