Thursday, June 22, 2006

My Father Died Today

My Father died today, 6-21-06, around 6:00 AM. He was a truly great man. A hero beyond the kinds in movies. A WWII prisoner of war. He was captured by the Koreans and tortured by the Japanese and he never spoke poorly of either. He always supported me in my dreams, even when it was nutty. He was very loving. I will truly miss him. I thank the Lord that I had many chances to tell him how proud I was of him and what a great dad he was. May the Lord embrace him now. May the Lord take him into His loving arms and bring him peace.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Bill,

I sorry to hear of your dad passing away. You will be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Bill,

I'm saddened by your father's death. I pray that God will give you strength and peace during this time, and will comfort you as you grieve.

Jason