Saturday, May 19, 2007

Comfortable affection with Jesus

I lead worship yesterday for a chapel service. I was emotional during it, remembering my Dad (who died last June). We sang a song that says, “I want to sit at your feet, drink from the cup in your hand, lay back against you and breath, feel your heartbeat.” I thought of how awkward it would feel to put may head against the chest of another man. Then I thought about missing my dad and how I long to lay my head on his chest. I’d love to do that again. I want that kind of intimacy in my relationship with Jesus. When he comes again in the clouds, I want to be at ease with him. That's a desire that I will feed in my heart and mind--a longing to be as comfortable and affectionate with Jesus as the Apostle John was when he laid his head against Jesus' chest. My destiny is not this world. My destiny and the goal I'm living for is the day when I can lay my head upon his chest and feel his heartbeat.

Above is a picture (from 2005) of Abi on Lena's chest. Neither Abi nor Lena are bothered by the intimacy. That's what I'm talking about!

No comments: