Tuesday, December 19, 2006

That which was lost...

Today, I was looking for some receipts that I needed to close out some important financial reports. I was shuffling papers around my desk in frustration. Exasperated, I said, "O God, I need your help!" At that moment, I realized that the receipts were in my left hand! Did I have them in my hand all along or did they appear there when I prayed? I don't know. But I do know one thing--I have often found something that was lost, only after I prayed. I don't know how people live without the Lord. He has bailed me out thousands of times. I am well aware of how I stumble through life like an accident waiting to happen. But the Lord doesn't let the accident happen. He lifts me up, lest I trip (Psalm 91:11-12).

Like the widow is Luke 15:9, I say, "Rejoice with me; I have found my lost ... receipts!"

No comments: